Wednesday, September 9, 2009

#9 #9 #9...

I couldn't let 09-09-09 go by without putting up a Beatles-themed post. Also, it's almost exactly 9:00 PM as I write this, so there's another #9 for you. Since this is a red-letter day for us Beatles fans, let me offer up my band's cover of "Come Together." I can tell you that Ringo's deceptively simple drum riff is not so simple, especially if you play it over and over and try to do it exactly the same way each time. Well, I did it, and we got through it; notice especially Chris' screamin' guitar leads during the breaks. Thanks for checking it out, and keep on rockin'!

3 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Hey i was expecting the "One After 909"!

Chris can and has astonished -- as have you my friend. I wish i had half the talent of either one of you.

Charlie_Mac said...

Thank you sir - you are too kind! Hey, Dave is in the process of booking us into a club in the little town of Heidelburg, a few miles west of New Prague (where he works) - will keep you posted as to the dates...we're bad, we're nationwide!

mister muleboy said...

Digging on this cover. The bass player has much the same challenge as the drummer -- play something deceptively simple, repetitively, whilst bring life and groove to the song.

And it was done here. Nice!