Thursday, August 27, 2009

Whiskey and Rebellion

My busy summer continues... I am now concentrating my time on a new band called "Whiskey and Rebellion," formed from members of North of Nowhere and with the addition of Dave on rhythm guitar and vocals. We're concentrating on southern rock - Cross Canadian Ragweed, Drive By Truckers, Tom Petty, etc, doing more of the obscure stuff (hey, when people walk into a club and hear a band doing a song they're not familiar with, they assume it's an original!). We've got some gigs booked in September and October, so it was time to try our sound in front of a crowd. Here we are doing a version of the DBT song "Puttin' People on the Moon." That's Max on bass, Dave on rhythm guitar and vocals, yours truly on the drums, and Chris on lead guitar. A fine time was had by all, and keep on rockin'!

1 comment:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Them are 2 of my favorite things right there! :-)

So that does it; I will attack my schedule now so that I can be sure to be in town for your gig at the Ugly Mug.