Friday, April 11, 2014

Unearthed Treasure

Lately I've started the gargantuan task of copying several hundred of my CD's to an external hard drive - I'm moving my stuff from my old house to a small apartment, and just don't have room for them any more. While digging through the dusty covers, I came upon "Garth Brooks in the Life of Chris Gaines - Chris Gaines' Greatest Hits," a now-14-year old recording of Garth pretending to be fictional pop star Chris Gaines, complete with pix and fictional back story. When I bought the CD, it was my understanding that it was the start of several Chris Gaines projects, but for some reason Garth abandoned it. Well, no matter the reason for its existence, it's still good music even today and shows very clearly Garth's pop music roots. Here's "Driftin' Away" from this recording. A little blue-eyed soul, some counter melody background vocals, and a pretty lyric. Enjoy, and keep on rockin'!

No comments: