Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Alright Now...

… in fact it’s a gas! On this date in rock history, in 1968, The Rolling Stones record "Jumpin' Jack Flash", which will reach #1 in the UK and #3 in the US by next July. Mr. Whoamus and I have some history with this song; back in the day, when we used to jam Sunday afternoons, we’d work on this tune. Don’t know if we ever got it down, but it was fun trying…check out the boys here as they rip through this tune, live in Rio from 2006 or therabouts. Thanks to http://www.classicbands.com/history.html for the info, and keep on rockin’!

2 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

So last week my employer of choice deemed to replace my 6-year-old Thinkpad with a new Dell laptop, but was having trouble transferring all my files from my old hard drive to the new one. So our IS dept. takes over my machine as they are wont to do, and i sat there and watched the guy remotely moving my cursor around, and he goes into my Word files and sees a file there that i'd slugged jjflash.com and the cursor swoops over there with an aha! move. He opens it and then i could almost feel the disappointment when he realized he hadn't found an illegal flash program that I'd downloaded but just the words & chords to Jumping Jack Flash ...

Charlie_Mac said...

Imagine his surprise! Just a song by ol' Mick and the boys...it's only rock and roll, but we like it! Hey, welcome back, and remember McCracken's on Sunday night - come early; we may be on stage before 8...