Friday, November 14, 2008

"Third Stone From The Sun"

John “Mitch” Mitchell: 7/9/47 – 11/12/2008

Doing some fact checking today, I was astounded to learn that he started playing with Jimi when he was still a teenager. When I, as a 16 year old, heard him on the “Are You Experienced?” album in 1967, I was just blown away by the power and technical sophistication of his drumming. Now that I know that he was just a “kid”, only three years older than me at the time, it hits me again how really good he was. His passing reminds us that we’re all mortal and don’t have too much time on this little rock, the third stone from the sun. Let’s take a look at this vid of Mitch in his prime, and celebrate his life. It should be noted that he died while on a break during an "Experience Hendrix" tour, playing the music he loved. He will be missed… Thanks to www.wikipedia.org for the info, and keep on rockin’!

1 comment:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Wow. I hadn't heard. And you're right: It reminds that none of us are going to get out of this alive. And how weird is that? Mitch Mitchell, RIP.