Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Live from the Slide On Inn...

Just came back from the annual family reunion. This year's episode was held at my cousin's in Kansas City. My brothers and I started a tradition 3 or 4 years ago of having a big jam session while we're together - this is one of the few times we do get together every year. And we do get better every year...we managed to rehearse a bit and crank out 13 or 14 tunes and didn't sound too bad. I am ably assisted by brothers Mike on guitar and vocals (he just got himself a Martin, so I'm jealous)and Jack on guitar and bass. We were joined by my son Cody on drums, and Orion (my niece's husband) on guitar and vocals, so it's really a multi-generational affair. This year I debuted a couple of songs I wrote on the assembled family members - a captive audience, it's true. Here is a snippet of a song I wrote called the "Talkin' Bob Dylan Blues," and I dedicate this one to Mr. Whoamus, who is (and if you read his blog "Who Am Us Anyway?", you know) a big fan. Of Dylan, that is, not necessarily of my song stylings! Until next time, keep on rockin'!

2 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Thanks man. I love it.

Anonymous said...

looks like it was a lot of fun! I enjoyed the back of Cody's head throughout the song haha. See you this Friday!