Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Now that I’ve got a YouTube account and have learned how to include videos in my text, I can show you a little of what I did on my “summer vacation” this year. This first video is of a jam session at a little pizza joint in Granby, CT at an open mike night on July 3rd. The house band plays a set and then invites guest musicians up to jam. Here we are finishing up “Walkin’ the Dog” with my good friend Bill on guitar, his son Russ on guitar, yours truly on drums, and “Neal” from the house band on bass. My son Aaron also got to jam on a number with Russ, a grade school friend of his. I may be a geezer, but I still got it!



This one is from the Too Much Fun jam in Des Moines this summer. This is a Pink Floyd number (“Comfortably Numb,” perhaps?) that I don’t think I knew the guitar part for, so I sat that one out. That’s Rick on guitar, Bob on bass, Jim on drums, another Bob on guitar, Randy on keys, and a fellow known only to me as "Callahan" on bass. Nice job, fellas, and may be next year I can contribute something to the song!




Until next time, keep on rockin!

No comments: